Behaviour for Learning
Behaviour for Learning is developing the skills and attitudes to become better learners!
Here at Carlton Vale we have worked together to develop our Learning Behaviour language and it is incorporated right across the school.
We have 8 key words which link into all the learning and behaviours of the school.
THIS IS OUR RAP
C for creative
V for versatile
I for independent
EVERYDAY WE SMILE!
R for respectful and being Resilient
A for adventurous
SCHOOL IS BRILLIANT!
P for persistent and Problem solving
EVERYDAY AT SCHOOL WE HAVE FUN LEARNING!
- I can adapt well to change.
- I can overcome challenging situations.
- I can recognise who to turn to when I need help/support.
- I am willing to explore freely
- I am able to make my own choices
- I am proud of my own accomplishments
- I can understand what I need to do and think of different ways to achieving it.
- Sometimes I think of imaginative ways to use what I know in my learning.
- I can come up with a creative solution.
- I am willing to take risks.
- I am willing to try out new methods to enable me to learn new things.
- I will engage in new experiences.
- I can try to do things in different ways.
- I can do many different things.
- I am open to new ideas.
- I can keep trying even if I find it hard.
- I will keep a positive attitude.
- I will challenge myself.
- I can think of my own ideas or ‘magpie’ the good ideas of others’.
- I can make links between my different areas of learning.
- I can find new ways to explore learning.
- I can understand that everybody is different.
- I can listen to others.
- I can value the opinions of others and share my own opinions.