At Carlton Vale we have 2 members of staff that are part of the Autism Champions group run by the Brent Outreach Autism Team (BOAT), Lorretta Conway and Alberije Talla.
The aim of the Autism Champion Group:
- Empower and develop the skills of staff supporting autistic students in primary and secondary mainstream settings.
- To build on the good practice and strengths currently in place in each settings.
- To embed the Graduated Approach Framework and universal guidance in practical and pro-active ways.
- For every primary and secondary setting to have at least one named Autism Champion.
- To create a supportive autism community within settings and across the borough.